Monday, September 15, 2014

Movie Review

The number of movies and TV shows I've watched this year has increased substantially compared to previous years. While laying flat on my back, or on my side, it's the easiest thing to do. I have watched a variety of shows on YouTube, UK/US/Australia border security, air crash investigations, and many others, and some through my Netflix subscription. I thought I would take this week's entry to review a couple of them.

First, I'll take a sort of documentary on YouTube produced by Living Waters called Noah and the Last Days. It's about half an hour long and interviews several people on the street about Noah and the end times. I can't say that I disagree with them in their argument, several of the signs of the end times are apparent.

As I've said before, people are turning away from God and Christianity and are calling evil good and good evil. Those that think Biblically are said to be backwards and believing in pseudo-science. Also if anyone speaks out against gay marriage they are said to be hateful and not accepting of others' views.

While I agree with much of what is said, I don't think we're at the end times, yet. Unfortunately, I believe it will get much worse, for Christians especially, as the end comes. I do recommend taking the time to watch the show, it does give food for thought and how to approach people in ways I hadn't considered. The other productions by Living Waters, also on YouTube, are also recommended.

Second on the review list is the feature length film God's Not Dead by Pure Flix. I watched this last week via NetFlix DVD rental. This movie was recommended by a caregiver and was interesting to watch. In this movie, a man is just starting college and is asked to deny God's existence in a philosophy class. He takes the unpopular side and decides to defend his faith in class.

I agree with the main theme of the movie, to boldly stand for your faith and not merely take the easiest path. Going to college can be a tough time for a young Christian man or woman and their faith will be tested, even in some colleges claiming to be Christian.

Unfortunately, the movie takes the stance of God directed evolution and the Big Bang. During his three arguments, our student does use some good points, but with a wrong basis. At the end, his last argument could be shot down by just a few different questions. This is a good film to see how to boldly stand for Christ, but still needs work on the foundation.

We'll see what the next week brings in the Quad Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment