Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Paperwork

We live in a world that has an ever increasing amount of resources online. Information can be transferred in an instant and with automation, approvals given automatically. Unfortunately, not everything works as quickly, and that is where problems can occur.

About a month ago, I received my annual form from Medicaid wanting my information and making sure I still qualify to receive it. I know the US Post Office (snail mail) can be slow, so I try to get it filled out quickly and sent back so I meet the deadlines. Sometimes they require more detailed information on my income, but not always.

Two weeks later, I received another letter requesting copies of my latest bank statement and income from work. This letter had a stamp of October 6 on the envelope when it went through the Des Moines Post Office. My information was copied and sent as requested. I received another letter, with a date of October 5, saying my Medicaid had been denied for not giving all paperwork.

Therefore, I was denied for not providing paperwork I hadn't been asked to provide. It's one of the wonderful results of snail mail and living in a state that is trying to save money by reducing Medicaid expenses and ship the governance of the program to another state.

Without Medicaid, I won't have funding for my day nurses, dentist, and several other medical expenses. I have it until November 1, so I'm praying my case will be reviewed before then and everything will continue as is. Unfortunately, basically the same thing happened last year, but I was re-enrolled already before receiving my denial letter. Fun with funding never seems to cease.

As I said last week, I have enjoyed many blessings lately and am thankful for them. God knows what I need, well before I even ask for it. In this matter, I know it isn't any different and will work out in due time. A large part of the quad life is relying on God's plan and timing, especially with annoying politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment