Monday, June 6, 2016

Busy Day of Rest

Why is it that sometimes days that are meant to be for resting and recouping can end up busier than regular days? Saturday night, I once again did not have a night nurse. We did the normal routine of mom and I staying up until nearly 2:00 and dad takes over.

For me, I actually slept fairly well and was awake enough to do my morning routine and get to church. After some singing, it was the normal time to settle down and hear the sermon. However, God must have wanted to wake us up as a bat started flying around the sanctuary. The Pastor tried to continue, but couldn't keep everyone's attention.

After several loops from the bat, and odd sounds and movements from everyone, the distraction was removed. The comment was made that it took six people to get one bat, but it worked. The service resumed as usual and we can now add another critter to the list that has been in our services (miniature horse, dog, sheep, and now bat). Yes, this is rural Iowa and animals are easily obtained for helpful teaching points.

With church a little later than usual, we got home, changed clothes, and then met with my mom's side of the family for lunch. Everyone enjoyed great food, talked a while, and watched the great-grand-kids play. A few hours later, it was time to head back home for my afternoon cares. Just after getting home, I was greeted by two emails for urgent updates on a client's web site.

Everything together can make for a busy day, but I do enjoy them when they come. I saw some of my cousins' kids that I haven't seen since Christmas and get caught up again with them. As the surprise church visitor showed us, anything can happen at any time.

Keeping focus on where it needs to be is sometimes very difficult at times, including in the quad life. This week looks to remain busy as well, but I'll see if any surprises are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment