Monday, June 13, 2016

Summer Storm

About 5:30 Saturday morning I was laying in bed awake wishing I was asleep. As I reminded myself of the long day I had coming, I heard a sound in the distance. Far off I could a faint roll of thunder through the early morning sounds. As my self argument continued, I could hear the approaching storm, but it never came close.

Several minutes later, the welcome sound of rain hitting the roof came, but it lasted a brief moment until it was gone. The rolling thunder made its presence known a few more times, but never coming near. When day came, the sun revealed a landscape showing little notice of the drink and still parched.

In many ways, this is how I feel life has been for me lately. All of 2016 has been slow with work and I keep feeling like a transition is coming. I contacted more schools this spring in anticipation of increasing talks, but not as much came as I expected. Two new grade schools were added to the schedule, but not any colleges. Now I have been approached for two potential web site redesigns this summer. Like Saturday's thunder, will these amount to work or just go off in the distance?

May was the first month this year that had every night covered by the nursing agency allowing my parents to sleep and be active during the day. We had high hopes it would continue, but both Saturday nights this month have not been covered and another time is coming that only part of the time is filled.

The ebb and flow of this life is hard to tell what is coming. A steady, set routine for more aspects would often be nice, but it depends on what routine rules out. However, I'm well aware that's something unknown in the quad life, or anyone else.

Anticipation for possible things to come is good, however keeping an eye on what you currently have and can do is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment