Monday, January 23, 2017

Dull January

Most mornings I have the blanket battle as I call it. My day caregiver is ready to get started and I don't want to get out from the covers. I always come up and around, but the last few days have seemed harder than usual.

The first part of my morning routine is stretching, or exercising, my arms and legs. My head doesn't get involved, so I can either slowly wake up or keep snoring with a pillow over my eyes. Depending on who I have that day, I can sometimes keep the sheet over me as well and really snooze. Everything else involves my head, shaving, hair washing, etc., so like it or not I have to wake up.

A lot of people struggle with depression during the winter months. The sun doesn't come out very much, it's cold, and most people stay mainly inside. I can't say I have trouble with any of it, but I'm wondering if a week with all clouds has had more of an affect than I thought.

Every day is a gift, and one that will not always be given. I know this well and along with having very little time while sitting, I try to remain productive. At the end of the day, I think back on what I should have been doing instead of whatever I did do.

In my morning Bible reading, I'm about halfway through Exodus and the Israelites are starting to learn God's laws for being His holy people. I sometimes wonder what a typical day was like during this time. They collected manna in the morning and cooked and ate it, but then what?

On days of travel, I'm sure it was walking and transporting your household's tent and other items. When they stayed in one place, I imagine it was studying God's commands, maybe fixing, building, and learning. No matter what it was, it ultimately served God's plan.

If the gift of tomorrow comes, I'm hoping to be able to get up easier and go about whatever I'm given for the day. The quad life can be quite productive, as long as I allow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment