Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Round Two

I don't watch wrestling or have any interest to start. However, I have seen a few clips on different movies and shows where two people are having a boxing match and they start after a bell is rang. I'm feeling like a bell has sounded for the second round of funding fun.

In 2014, the insurance I was using was discontinued due to the ACA and I started on a new plan. A week after the change, I was informed that my nursing would no longer be covered. The next four months were spent making appeals, working with with doctors and politicians, and finally the Iowa Insurance Commission.

After an uneasy summer that included looking at nursing homes, I was able to get part of my nursing covered again. My family and I had hoped we wouldn't have any more problems with insurance, but that rarely ever happens.

Once again the plan I'm on will be ending and on April 1 another option will need to take over. At this point, my family can't get any straight answers on what is or isn't covered with the new policy. It's also proving to be problematic to get enough information to even investigate on our own.

Therefore, these past several days I keep wondering what will be coming. I had a hair cut last week and scheduled my next appointment in April. At the same time I wondered if I'll be here for it or in a nursing home somewhere.

Just like in 2014, I try to keep reminding myself that God is in control at all times. He knows what I need and it will be taken care of even if it's not how I would prefer. My family was glad to see God's care through everything three years ago and He hasn't changed in that amount of times.

Unexpected times in the quad life can take some big turns, but I never know what the next week will bring. The next entries could be in for a wild ride, but God has the reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment