Sunday, February 25, 2018

Memory Lane

Work has continued to be slow the past few weeks, so I have been continuing to work on writing. Composing an autobiography is turning out to be fun and a bit frustrating.

I'm currently up to early grade school and I have been remembering all that was going on during that time period of life. Personal computers weren't common in homes at that time and I watched a lot of Discovery channel and other TV. I also played with toy trucks and tractors, Micro Machines, and Legos.

I remember sliding bricks up on each other as I constructed whatever came to mind. When it was in place, my stick worked as a convenient hammer and I tapped it in place. More closer to wack it in place, but either wording works.

A couple years ago, our friends kids were over to open their Christmas presents. One of the gifts was a Lego set. I managed to persuade a few pieces away from their owner so I could help with the project. It probably took me five minutes to get three pieces together as directed and I realized my mouth is not what it used to be over 20 years ago. I think my dentist would be getting a visit from me if I tried such a project now.

Along with the fun times, the quad life was also present. I had surgery to place a bigger trach as I grew and needed more air. The diameter of the new hardware was fine, but nobody checked the length. I was back in the hospital a few days later with a collapsed lung. The trach was too long and was only going into one lung.

Trying to remember what year events occurred is a challenge for the early years as well. I can only have so many "around this time" and "one day" phrases before it gets hard to read.

Whenever I look back, I can easily see God's hand and His leading along this path I've been given. I'm sure as I continue, memories of the fun and not so fun times will come to mind. Hopefully this week has more of the former than the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment