Sunday, March 18, 2018

Celebration Week

With the last official week of winter, it has been one of celebration. None of it had to do with the change of seasons, but it's another reason for me.

The first milestone of the week was celebrating mom's birthday. I was given balloons during my birthday in November and they are still floating toward the ceiling. Therefore, I thought they were perfect to give to mom on her day along with a humorous card.

She wondered if it was a case of re-gifting, but I like to think of it as creative recycling. For supper, we went about an hour from home for a good meal that didn't need to be cooked or cleaned. They has sushi on special and we decided to be adventurous and give it a try. I gave it a taste, but can't say I care for it. No matter the food, it was a nice warm spring day in Iowa to get out.

Two days after mom's day, we went to her mother's for supper. Four years ago, my grandfather passed away after a week in the hospital. A couple mom's siblings were able to come as well and everyone had a good time of talking and getting caught up on family events. Unfortunately, winter came back and the trip for supper had a mix of rain, snow, and everything in between. Thankfully, the roads were fine and we could go and spend the time with grandma.

To end the week, yesterday included attending a family friend's wedding. One of mom's friend's youngest daughter was married in a ceremony near Des Moines. Mom has been helping with some of the preparation and mainly an ear to be open for the bride's mother.

Looking back at past events is a great time to realize God's blessings He has given and the people around us. At other times, looking forward to the future and wondering what God will bring can be both exciting and frightening.

This coming week has me scheduled to start a busy time of more talks. I pray I will effectively share the story of the quad life God has given me and look back at all the blessings, and challenges, that have come along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment