Sunday, April 1, 2018

Leash your Rock

On this first day of April, I have a scenario that came to me a while ago. Let's say I know a child that wants a dog for his birthday. His heart is set on having man's best friend as his pet and he reads and learns everything about caring for a dog. Since I know his heart is completely set on this desire I help him out, and give him a rock.

I remind him he needs to put a leash on his new pet and be sure to give it water. If he just waits long enough, that rock will turn into his best friend. However, he may need to put Fido in his will so that it gets passed down to his great grandchildren, and their grandchildren, so they can watch the transformation.

At this point, if anyone is still reading, you think I making an odd April fool's joke. A rock is a lifeless object, it will not turn into a dog, cat, or even an ameba. In fact, after generations of watering and handling, that rock will eventually wear down to dust. I would answer that you are absolutely correct in your thinking. Sadly, their are many who believe that rock will, and has, already turned into all the creatures we see today, including us.

Looking at molecules-to-man evolution, it teaches that life somehow spontaneously came from non-living objects. In some fashion, water, rocks, and maybe even lightning came together at just the right combination and produced the first single-cell organism. However, with today's ability to study microscopic details, we know that even seemingly simple organisms are highly complex and require multiple processes to work simultaneously for life to occur. Some even try to say life came from aliens, but ultimately that just puts the process on another planet. However, by giving a rock as a pet, I have already accelerated the process. Where did it come from?

Leading atheists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss say that the rock, and everything else, came from nothing! That's correct, the universe and everything in it came from absolutely nothing. I wish I was making this up, but sadly I'm not. Watch the video in the link and hear it yourself.

Romans 1:22 comes to mind in this scenario that is unfortunately taught in science textbooks. On this Easter Sunday, I ask that you look to our risen Savior who created the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them. It is all that makes sense in the quad life, and everything in the universe.

3 comments:

  1. I watched the video and it left me with a big question... But I'm scared to ask since my knowledge of this is limited... Your entry even made me curious to explore the Biblegateway website... Though I still have my question, which is genuine but I don't know if it's appropriate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are more shows that may help with answers, especially the second one. http://www.fullyfreefilms.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I just checked it. 🙂

      Delete