Sunday, September 23, 2018

Fall

It is now officially fall in the northern hemisphere. The outdoor temps are starting to chill and my least favorite time of year is approaching quickly.

Last week, my parents were able to get away on vacation. That meant I once again had the house to myself Sunday to Saturday, along with my nurses during the day and grandparents for evening. We still have flowers around to water, so I made sure to get my watering chores complete.

On Thursday, it was nearly 90° and watering everything on the deck felt quite warm. I had planned on an extended time with my legs in the sun, but it felt more like I was baking instead. However, one day later felt too cold to not to be out in direct sun light.

Iowa weather is always highly variable with today being a perfect afternoon while I lay flat in bed inside. At least now with the sun dipping south I get more rays in my window that provide a source of warmth.

Lately, I have been watching a series on Netflix called "Escape to the Continent." Generally retired couple from the U.K. look at buying a house and moving to continental Europe. Some areas, like Spain and Portugal, are warm enough all year to have regular fruit tree harvests throughout winter and hardly require any heat for the houses.

If I had the opportunity to relocate to another country, my guess would be northern New Zealand. They have mild weather all year, mainly speak English, but also have mountains to explore. However, it would be a long way from family and not much rail activity. Just for fun, I looked up recommendations for relocating to New Zealand, but I didn't find anything relating to the quad life.

In Genesis 1, God placed the stars to show change of time and seasons. As the seasons of the year and life come and go, I'll watch for His plans and whatever is to come next.

No comments:

Post a Comment