Sunday, October 7, 2018

Anxiety

Through social media and general contact with people, I see an increase in the amount of anxiety some experience. Worry and anxious thoughts can be very difficult, but it doesn't have to be.

If you have been following this blog for a while, I have definitely had times of frustration and concern over what the future may bring. Some of the cause has been due to funding changes, health problems, and life in general. However, I have learned well that building up worry and becoming anxious about a situation doesn't do anything to help.

In 1 Peter 5:7 we read, "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." Also in Proverbs 12:25, "Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up." My favorite verse I go back to is Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Letting go of worry and anxious thoughts is difficult and can sometimes take practice and trusting in God's plan. I have had times that I thought looked hopeless for a future, but the result turned out better than I imagined. The transition from event to final outcome is the most difficult time, but is also when faith can grow.

As a Christian, I continue to learn to trust in what God has in His plan for the life I've been given. Yes, I would prefer a "normal" life of not dealing with the quad life. Through it though, I have been able to work with more people and relate to different circumstances than if I had been given another path.

At some point, I also know that life will change from what I currently know. It could be a change in health or funding that I have to change housing or can't be as active. When that time comes, I will continue to look for God's direction and see where He takes me.

This week will hopefully continue as normal. As always, I will wait and see what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment