Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekly Updates

In my last post, I added a link back to my web site and noticed I said that I blog weekly. That has not been the case, as you can see, so I was going to change the sentence. However, I decided instead to see if I can get closer to that frequency.

One of the bloggers I follow, and have worked with, said the best way to improve your writing is to just write. That obviously makes sense, so that is what I'll try to do. Unfortunately, finding something to write about could be the problem. Every week is pretty similar to the next for me.

During the day Monday through Friday, I mainly spend my time doing work or something to keep somewhat productive. Evenings consist of supper, playing computer games or watching something on the computer, and occasional meetings. Weekends primarily are longer versions of my evenings except with the addition of church on Sunday. Since I last wrote, that is what I've been doing. Maybe this will continue, maybe not, we shall see.

Today's item of interest is that I completed a new web site, Van Ryswyck Plumbing & Heating. The site started back in March with a meeting with the site owner, designer, and myself. It got delayed for a couple months due to scheduling conflicts with the designer and owner, but I finally got it in August. I finished the building of the site and was looking forward to completing it. Unfortunately, about a week later, the designer quit the company she worked for, leaving me with no contact in the company.

Fortunately, the owner and I were able to connect and try to get the site up on their existing domain (web address). However, that was inaccessible without becoming expensive, so it was decided to get a new URL. Today consisted of registering the new address, establishing hosting, and finally uploading the completed site. Amongst the other updates of the day, I was glad to get the project finished and the client's new site available to the public.

The next may not have as much accomplished, but I never know what to expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment