Monday, September 29, 2014

Tough Days

There are times that you go from the top to the bottom, and the past few days have been tough, and good as well. Last week, my parents went on vacation for a few days, so I had the house to myself, with my assistants. I didn't do much out of the ordinary, but we all got a break for a short while.

Unfortunately, I learned Friday that I lost another client. I had this particular site for nine years, and considered the head manager a friend. I see her almost weekly at church and enjoyed working with her. However, a few months ago she decided the site needed a redesign and since I was struggling with insurance issues, she went with a competitor. So the last two months, when I've been wanting work and having next to none, I could have been building a new site. Instead, she decided to choose a time when I was struggling to take more work away.

My parents returned home Saturday, and dad was saying he wished he could leave in another week again and go on a hiking trip. However, I have things for church a couple nights, since we're short on hours and he didn't plan, he can't go due to me needing help. Dad has said before he feels like he's in jail because he can't do what he wants, and I feel like I'm the warden.

With everything that has gone on this year, I'm still not certain if I should be trying to stay home. My parents would be free to come and go as they wished and I wouldn't need to worry about making sure everyone gets enough hours in. Being able to work would be nice, but I still have a few clients that I could get a couple hours of work per month.

In October, my calendar is full of sticky notes of activities I have scheduled. Four grade schools I'm speaking at as well as a couple classes of nursing students. For the first time in a few years, I'm also planning to go see a movie in a theater, A Matter of Faith.

Days of joy and happiness are not guaranteed as a Christian, more the opposite actually. I can be thankful when good times come, and learn to trust in God's plan, no matter what, when bad days come.

1 comment:

  1. I gave up on days of happiness ages ago. I try and focus on finding the moments of happiness in each day. Somedays the reality of cerebral palsy doesn't allow that

    ReplyDelete