Sunday, September 13, 2020

It's the Weather, I'm Sure

A week ago today it was a sunny, warm, day with a breeze and it was very nice day in Iowa. Coming home after preaching, I had a renewed spirit of energy that I haven't felt in a long time. It was very refreshing to again be in fellowship with other believers, getting to be used to serve God, and eat a Sunday lunch with my family. Much of my enthusiasm bubbled over into Monday as well as I took time to work on my book again. Then Tuesday came, and so did the change.

Part of the quad life is that I'm unable to regulate my temperature very well. I can get overheated fairly easily and also rapidly get too cold. Everything has to be just right in order to be doing well, especially when I haven't been outside very much. Over night Monday, a cold front came through Iowa so that 90° high from Sunday turned into 50° on Tuesday.

My dad reluctantly turned on the furnace, but I was still cold. Instead of sitting in bed with just my normal t-shirt and shorts, I also had a sheet and a blanket. Along with that, I was also tired and could hardly get the energy to do much of anything. Two days after my first venture into the public, I started wondering if it was more than just weather changes.

After giving Sunday's message, there was a song, and then I gave the parting blessing. During the singing, I ended up facing the congregation the entire time. That meant about 100 people were belting out God's praise towards me. I also talked with several people after the service, but I didn't watch distancing guidelines very carefully. Was it possible I picked up something, including the virus?

As of Friday, there were reported 73,547 cases of covid in Iowa. That means 2.3% of the state either currently has the virus or has had it. Therefore, you have a 97.7% chance of not encountering someone with the disease. With that statistic though, there have been some outbreaks in my little town of 10,000.

From Tuesday through Friday, I pretty well felt the same as the cold, wet, cloudy weather continued. Friday evening, after being cocooned in blankets, I finally felt warm and more energetic again. As I write this on late Saturday, I again feel back to myself and sit here in my normal configuration. Waking up with slightly sore lungs this morning didn't help the virus wondering, but it subsided quickly.

I don't plan on getting anything checked out. Especially with the reports of multiple false positives given for tests. I stopped watching the news stations a few months ago, but the constant pushing of doom and pandemic can still get to me. I'm thankful to be feeling better again, and for the weather returning to normal September conditions. Whatever comes, or doesn't, I look to God's peace and trust His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment