Sunday, April 5, 2020

2020 Picture Challenge

My mom likes to scrapbook. It's fun to look back at old memories and see what was happening and remember vacations or something our family was doing. For a few years, she has taken on a goal of taking one picture per day. It would be best to be something unique, but also just ordinary activities as well. Some years it's a picture a week, once a month, a group of people, and different varieties.

In January, I started the first few weeks with adding a graphic, or picture for non-webmasters, to my blog. Without intentionally meaning to, I added something every week of January and into February. When I noticed it, I thought it would be a fun challenge to see if I can add some type of graphic for every blog entry this year.

Now that April is here, I've managed to get through the first quarter of the year with adding something. If I plan ahead, I'll try to include pictures of what I'm doing. However, I don't often plan and come up with something on Saturday afternoon or evening.

For a few years, I have had an account at an online store that sells pictures for use in advertising, web sites, or anything related. Every week, they offered one picture you could download for free. I don't like passing up that price, so I now have over 400 generic photos I can sort through and use as well.

When the year is complete, if I find something each week, it should be fun to see what I thought pertained for every topic. I have come back to old posts to try to jog my memory about a certain time in life. Clicking on a month, I'm often greeted with just a long block of text with different headings. I like reading, but something to add visual appeal always helps.

Today's picture is just me sitting here as I wrote this. It's a very common scene for my quad life, but I never know what the view could be in a few years, or months, ahead. Celebrating Palm Sunday and Good Friday by video this week will be strange. However, it's the new normal we have become familiar with this past few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures are great to remember nice and important moments in life. In my case, I'm shy and don't like to take pictures of myself, but I love it when people share their photos.

    ReplyDelete