Sunday, April 26, 2020

Keeping Caught Up

For the last few years, I have been doing the routine of laying flat in bed for at least 2-3 hours, then sit for 45 minutes, and repeat. On flat time, I often watch YouTube, Pure Flix, and other video options. It wasn't infrequent to run out of new things to watch from my regular channels with so much down time. However, I always ran out of time to get work finished during my time upright. Now, the scenarios are starting to switch.

With everyone still at home due to the coronavirus, many people are looking for things to do, especially parents. As a result, some organizations have greatly increased the amount of material they put online. One I regularly watch is Answers in Genesis. They normally publish 1-2 videos a week that I generally watch the day they come out. In late March and all of April, they have posted 4-5 videos per day during the week and a 2-3 on the weekends. A lot of the content has been geared toward kids, but it's still interesting to watch. However, they aren't the only place with more videos.

Other resources I regularly watch are Living Waters, Is Genesis History, and more, not to mention railroad related content. With so many new videos being produced, I'm having trouble keeping caught up with everything. The majority is educational and teaches about the Bible and the world God has given us. I enjoy watching it, but am starting to get a back log in my watch list as well as skipping some updates.

On the other hand, like most people, work related items are getting slow. One of my clients that has multiple updates a week suddenly decided to do everything on their own. That change cut my monthly work in half. I have a tendency to take it personally when a client leaves, thinking I didn't work fast enough, charged too much, or they're no longer willing to work with someone in the quad life (it has happened). This time though, I haven't felt the usual disappointment and think it's partially due to trying to save funds that suddenly decreased.

I will still have plenty to do with writing and catching up on my own sites for my sitting time. Watching the increase of videos has given me more sermon ideas, so I can possibly prepare messages as well. That is if churches start meeting again and I get asked to preach somewhere. I'll see what comes in the weeks and months ahead and will use the time God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment