Thursday, December 30, 2010

Years

In less than 48 hours, 2010 will be complete and the new year start again. This past week I completed my annual review of the year and gave brief descriptions of different activities. My friends and family enjoy it, but in some ways it's disappointing as well.

Every year, there seems to be so much more I could, and probably should, have done. I imagine many of us feel that way though. For me, it's mainly feeling like I hold myself my back. More calls or emails could have been done for possibly more business. I could have contacted more schools to give talks at, and used my funds to help those around me as well as people with limited means.

I can hear the question now, "Aren't you the guy that can't move, or even breath on his own?" Yes, that's true, but why does that matter? We've been given technology that helps persons like me overcome these problems. Therefore, not having control over your body isn't a reason to get lazy, or not push toward goals.

As we enter another year, many people make resolutions of various types. For 2011, I think my goal will be to let very few opportunities pass, and work to fully use the abilities and knowledge God has given me. Maybe the review for 2011 will be six pages instead of this year's three.

No comments:

Post a Comment