Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Habits

One of my day nurses is quite chatty, whether I'm listening or not. Yesterday she came up with a question of wondering about any bad habits I had. She came up with one of her own and I thought about offering more, but decided to keep them to myself. i said one of mine and thought up several more as well, but kept them in my head as well.

A habit that I've been getting into with all my flat time is watching more shows on Netflix and YouTube. I'll just lay here and watch show after show until my time is gone and I can sit up again. Sitting here doing absolutely nothing is okay sometimes, but I don't like the habit it's starting to become. Playing farming simulator isn't much better, but at least with it I'm moving a little and actually doing something.

For a while, I was getting in the habit of reading while I was down. I still do it some, but not like I was for a while. When the busyness of summer slows down, if not before, I need to work on changing this routine. When I have nurses during the day, use my first down time for farming or videos and the second one for reading. It sounds like a good idea at least, we'll see if it actually happens.

Last week a friend said he liked my habit of twice daily Bible reading. Trying to offer advice on how to get into it, I had to think again how I did. This is a habit I enjoy as well, and don't plan on changing. Some nights get difficult as I want to get to sleep, but I usually make it through my three chapters.

Habits, both good and bad, become regular parts of our lives even if we don't realize it. Stepping back and looking at them is a good practice and adjust what's needed. My habit of late posts is becoming regular, but I still get one per calendar week. Until the next one, have a great week readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment