Sunday, August 18, 2019

Wearing Down

Some weeks just have highs and lows that come together. When they come along with tiredness, it makes for interesting days.

The first two Friday and Saturday nights this month didn't have a night nurse. I looked forward to sleeping at night again, but couldn't quiet my head when the opportunity came. Thoughts of more nights without anybody and if, or when, to look into a care facility kept my mind active.

Tuesday, I volunteered at the Ark Encounter booth at the fair. Parking was still an issue, but the three-hour shift went well. After trying to breathe in extra air to talk over all other noises, my lungs were pretty sore. In any case, I was happy to hand out gospel tracts and looked forward to my next shift on Thursday.

Later that evening, dad backed the van out of the garage to work on something else, and heard an odd noise. After some searching, he noticed the muffler was completely rusted through and nearly ready to fall off. He got it safely detached and was confident a replacement would be easy to find and I could still use the van.

On Wednesday, dad contacted his auto supply store, and the closest replacement for the lifetime warranty muffler was in Indianapolis. It wouldn't arrive until Friday or Saturday. Dad looked to different solutions, such as a temporary replacement or getting me in a work vehicle, but the ideas didn't work. He tried his hardest, but I had to cancel my volunteer time just as I had two years earlier.

Wednesday night was the last shift for my main night nurse. Mom and I gave our heartfelt thank yous for her years of service, and then she was gone. Friday, I had my regular 60-day checkup from the nursing agency and learned that my left wound has increased in size since June. It isn't much, but still the wrong direction.

For a few years, I've also had very little work for web development. It has worked well with having little time to be able to work. This month, two large projects have come that both need work and done in a timely manner. I'm very thankful for the opportunity to be more productive again, but getting back into a busy work schedule is adding to my exhaustion.

Living the quad life has some challenges, including skin trouble and being limited on vehicle choices. I'm thankful for the strength and assurances from God's Word and getting through the present struggles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment