Sunday, February 23, 2020

Falling Lips

Most days are pretty similar and go as planned. Unfortunately, there are times that quickly make you aware that good times can end without warning.

On February 15, my parents and I had a Valentine's Day party with three of our family. The six of us regularly get together during holidays or just any occasion. I'm the youngest by about 20 years, but we still all have fun together.

After supper, we played a card game that was new to our group called Cover you Assets. My strategy ideas didn't always work, but it was still fun. The evening passed quickly and it was soon time for my night nurse to arrive. Before that though, we needed a group picture with our large sucker lips.

Unfortunately, other priorities came up first and we couldn't get to it before my night nurse came.

Sunday, dad had a sore back due to lifting paper at work and wasn't able to get me in my chair for church. Early Monday morning, February 17, it was my turn to experience unplanned circumstances.

I woke up with my stomach not feeling well and it gradually grew worse. Monday night into Tuesday, I was starting to wonder if I was heading to another hospital stay with a tube in my nose. Thankfully, it started to get better Tuesday night into Wednesday and I was thankful to not have any unscheduled vacations. I'm still not eating much and have been having some problems, but I'm praying they all stop soon.

Living the quad life or not, we need to be prepared for almost anything at any time or location. When something comes, the only thing we can trust is God's is in control and to look to Him. This week will hopefully come closer to normal again, but normal can get boring sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Haha... You look funny with those lips 💋😄💟

    ReplyDelete