Sunday, August 13, 2023

So Much with So Little

Those who are self-employed talk frequently about times of feast or famine. In other words, times of plenty of work vs. times with little work. Technically, I work for mother's business, but it's basically the same thing. The last few months have been blessed with a lot of work, and falling behind.

I advertise my web development services very little. The only promoting I do is listing the business name at the bottom of my client's sites. It's a practice most web developers do and I just follow the trend. Formal advertising is also expensive, plus I'm not allowed to have much income. Therefore, I am thankful for what work I have been provided.

With all that said, this has been a busy summer for site work. A few of my existing clients have had their sites redesigned and I also gained a new client. The new client has an existing site with different functions and it took time to see who had access to everything. After I started building the new look, it went well. The largest part of the project is nearly complete and I hope the site will be live to the public by the end of August. Once this site is complete, I have at least one more that needs to be made completely from scratch.

For most people, the projects I'm working on would go quickly and be done in a few weeks. However, I continue to only sit for 60-90 minutes and then be flat for 1.5-2 hours. This is better than I used to do, but it is still a short time period. In addition to web work, I have also had sermon preparation, work on my autobiography, health maintenance, and several meetings with a disability advocacy group.

Friday was my first of two times at the Iowa State Fair (next week's topic). It was a hard day and I was glad to get home. However, when dad changed my wound dressing Saturday, my skin had a large tear in the area. Therefore, I really need to decrease my time sitting and stay flat even more. This has also been a recurring them this summer.

It can easily get frustrating with setbacks and not being able to do everything I would like. Unfortunately, it's part of the quad life and I know that God allows good times as well as testing. This week's fair trip may be even shorter than my first, but I still can serve God and speak to others.

3 comments: