Sunday, July 27, 2014

ACTS

A few years ago at one of my school talks, a student asked me what was my favorite part of prayer. I thought this was quite the question coming from a second grader and not one I was prepared. My mind swirled for a minute wondering what he meant, the beginning, middle, or end maybe? The confusion must have shown on my face as a few of the students pointed to the board behind me where the four parts of prayer were listed, Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication (ACTS). This now became easy, my favorite and easiest part is thanksgiving.

As soon as I say that I can already hear the voices, "Wait a second, you can't control or feel anything below your shoulders, you can't breathe on your own, you rely on help from someone for pretty much everything, and the easiest part is thanksgiving?" In short, the answer is a resounding yes. No, it isn't always easy, but with very little effort I can always think of something to be thankful for.

One easy one is the multitude of caregivers I have that help me with everything, especially my parents. We also are thankful for a partial answer to prayer Friday. Insurance will now be funding my night care through January 26, 2015. That still leaves daytime hours and figuring out cost for insurance, but it's a lot better than last week.

It has been slow lately, but I'm also thankful for the work I have through VMT. I know a lot of other quads that don't even have that much, so it is something to be glad about. Other items include living outside a care facility, being able to help others, being surrounded by caring friends and family, and many more.

This has been a week of giving thanks for many different occasions, we'll see what comes in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment