Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Answer Is...

My case supervisor from my nursing agency called today to let me know my insurance, Wellmark, had called with a decision about my nursing care. Ever since the peer review with my doctor in early June, we haven't heard anything, so we were anxious to hear the decision. A friend of mine thought it was a good sign that Wellmark was taking so long to decide, but I didn't know what to expect. Unfortunately, the decision didn't go as we had hoped.

This coming Monday, July 14, Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield is no longer funding my nursing care. I have not officially heard from them, but I should be getting a letter in the mail tomorrow. I have had many people praying for a different outcome, both locally and further away, but it is apparent that God's plan is different. I do have funding for nursing care through an exception from the state, but that is only approved until August 31.

The main two nursing homes in Iowa that take people on mechanical ventilation have both said they can't take me, so tomorrow begins a search for more possibilities. I don't know what I will find, but it's a place to start.

I am thankful that I've had so many years living at home with my parents and a few years in my own dorm and apartment. Many others in my situation have not had such an opportunity. I would love to be able to continue to do so, to keep my same caregivers, and be able to stay active in the community. That may still be in the plan, but it is not apparent at this time.

As I keep going back to, God tells us in Jeremiah 29:11, and other places, that He knows the plan for the life He has given us. It may not be our plan, but it is often better than what we could have imagined. At this point, it is very difficult to see and hard to trust, but it will happen. Time will tell what will come next for this life I've been given.

1 comment:

  1. That's sucks. Hopefully you find a great nursing home with amazing staff.

    ReplyDelete