Monday, July 21, 2014

Wearing Down

I use my mouth for everything I do, so I take care of it the best I can With using an electric toothbrush, flossing, and using mouth rinse, my dentist usually has good reports. This was the case at an appointment a couple weeks ago, but he had something new to report, my teeth are wearing down. We joked about the local water supply, but it's just a result of so much use. I was reassured though that when needed caps can be placed and everything will be good as new. My teeth however, are not the only thing wearing out.

The Energizer bunny is said to keep going and going and going, I am not the Energizer bunny, I'm not pink. After all these months of working on one appeal after the next, keeping track of everything, looking at alternative funding sources, and alternative living places, my battery is nearly out. My family's fuzes are also getting short. Even if we do get insurance to fund my nursing, we can't afford to keep the plan. If I get my own plan, the whole mess could start over again.

Friends keep saying to contact the media or try this route or that route and this or that government person. They are very well meaning and only trying to help and I greatly appreciate the ideas.
Sunset over the Lake
Unfortunately, it's just getting to be too much all at once. Last week, I was having a few "quad days" as I say and now on two antibiotics due to a UTI with two different infection types. I was nearly ready to give up. Just call one of the nursing homes that could take me, move in, go on Medicaid completely, and be done with it all. Fortunately, when you lean on God, He gives you strength when you need it most.

Last week also was very nice weather in Iowa, and we were able to go out to the nearby dam, have a picnic, a take a short walk (a dam walk as I say). My wheels got covered in mulberries that required some scrubbing, but it was still nice. Saturday evening provided the biggest recharge though.

My very best friend and I play a game called Starcraft, and have since we were in high school (over 15 years). Due to busy family life and other entertainment creeping in, it has been over a year since we played together. However, it worked Saturday that he, his wife, and I could all play for a short while. It was great finally getting together with friends for a while and get back to a time before all this started.

Another appeal was sent out Friday with a different doctor doing the review. We'll see what God's plans have for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment