Thursday, March 3, 2016

Late Week Post

This has ended up being a busy week, so I'm writing here much later than usual. The main two events have been weather changes and internet trouble.

Last week Saturday was very warm for February in Iowa. We set a new record of 71° for what felt like spring. I took a long lunch and got out on the deck in t-shirt and shorts. My eyes weren't used to being out in the sun, but it felt very good. My white legs almost glowed in the bright light, but stayed warm even with a little breeze.

Unfortunately, weather can change quickly in the state. Tuesday didn't get above freezing and today wasn't much better. I was back in my sweatshirt, jeans, and coat for running errands. Tomorrow is forecast to be in the upper 40's again though with mid 60's at the start of the week. Early signs of the new season are very welcome and I hope they continue.

During Tuesday's chill, we also received an increase in internet speed, at least in theory. Watching progress bars for large files going online has worsened the past several months, so it was time to change. For a good portion of the day, we didn't have phone or internet, so I was a little nervous about someone trying to reach me.

After the technicians finished everything, the new speed was slower than the previous. An extensive time on the phone yesterday didn't help and required another visit today. The second visit has helped, but the upgrade has seemed more like a downgrade so far. Hopefully it will get better so I can help clients more quickly.

That has been about it for this week in the quad life. Hopefully next week will be earlier, and warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment