Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas Fun

A regular part of Christmas is putting up decorations. Some people go very extravagant with lights timed to music while others keep it more simple. My family does more toward the easier end.

For the first week of December, my primary day assistant was ill and couldn't come. Dad stayed home with me three of the four days she missed, so he had plenty of time to decorate. I did my usual train
tree in my room, but we added another train this year. A friend gave me a small set to go around the tree as well, so we have two train trees this year.

Decorating is one of the fun activities to help celebrate the season, and spend time with family. I saw a Christmas quiz that this week that had a few fun facts as well.

True or false: The Friday after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year.

Which U.S. state was the first to recognize Christmas as an official holiday? New York, Florida, Alabama, or Texas

What unusual thing do the lyrics of these three Christmas songs have in common: “Jingle Bells,” “Winter Wonderland,” and “Sleigh Ride”?

For the answers, and more questions to stump your friends, download this free PDF from LivingWaters.com.

While we celebrate Christmas one day a year, remember the real reason to celebrate. It isn't to receive, or return, packages from people, but the gift of the babe in a manger that we may receive everlasting life.

With winter cold, I haven't had a very active quad life this month. I'll see what another week will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment