Sunday, February 24, 2019

Time to Spend

With my last post, I was preparing to preach for my first time this year despite not feeling the best. Fortunately, or unfortunately, they canceled the service about an hour after writing. So I now have a new sermon prepared and ready to go if another church contacts me.

Tuesday was also my last day for the antibiotic and so far at least, everything appears to be back to normal. I get nervous about stomach problems now any time I'm on extra medication, but thankfully I didn't have any issues. I don't really care for cranberry juice, but will start trying to drink it to help decrease further infections.

With no more sermon preparation, I started back on writing my autobiography again. It sounds boring to me, I lived it, but John has read it and says to continue on. I am now up to my senior year of high school. A lot was going on in that time of life with school every day, doing regular senior activities, and working on a plan for college. During that year I also worked for a local newspaper and this week I looked at some of my old articles that grandma kept.

Looking at the time two decades ago of how active I was and today barely getting two hours a day of being able to do anything. Normally in the first week of January, I look up local colleges and email professors of medical related classes to see if I can come speak. It's very rare I get a response, but I do attempt. This year, I haven't mailed any.

I did go ahead and apply for CHAMP Camp this year even though I hadn't planned on it. A family I have been working with for a few years said they were going to finally send their son this year. Therefore, I signed up so I could be there to help him through his first year. Now it looks like he won't be going though. The deadline for applications hasn't even come yet and I'm starting to regret having applied. I don't want all these months, well years, of laying flat so much to be completely undone in just one week.

Every morning, I get an email with quotes from early Christian reformers. Saturday's email was on spending time wisely and quoted several verses. One of them Ephesians 5:16, "Be very careful then how you live...making the best use of the time." It was a good reminder and one I've said on this blog before.

I don't know what time I have left in the quad life, but I do know it's getting shorter by the day, and minute. I praying this week to use it more for whatever God has planned and not wish for what has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment