Monday, November 11, 2013

Videos

For the past several weeks, I have been working on a video from my point of view. I had a camera strapped to my head and tried to show things I normally do. It didn't turn out exactly as I had it planned, but it still did pretty well.

When I started it, the weather was still warm, so I had my normal attire of t-shirt and shorts. Of course I ran out of time to do everything in one day, so I needed to record multiple times. Between camera trouble and busyness of life, it ended up taking over a month to compile. I finally finished the last segment Saturday, meaning I was outside in summer outfit in November. It did feel pretty nice, but it was only in the upper 50's. While I was going about my business of how I get in the van, a guy drove by on a lawnmower wearing a coat and stocking cap. I have yet to get any comments from someone that noticed, but I'm sure it will come.

This was also the first time I used my camera and associated software to do anything other than shorten and upload a video. It was a bit of a learning curve, but not bad. Unfortunately, I noticed after I uploaded it that it had cut off the bottom of the shot where my hands and legs were. I specifically retook segments because they weren't showing my view with hands and knees in peripheral vision. So, I figured out how to adjust it and uploaded again. The final product does give a good overview, but things could still be better.

Saturday was also a video day for demonstrating stick skills on camera. Some people have asked me how I do things with a mouth stick, so I finally will be able to show them. The video didn't get nearly as close in as we thought it was, but it still shows pretty well. After I put it together, it came to 20 minutes long! I started uploading to YouTube, but it was estimated to take ten hours to get online. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I think I will have the video upload while I'm out.

These productions were fun projects, but not ones I care to repeat. As I've heard other people say, I don't like hearing my own voice. I also really noticed the breaks I take while pacing and the shoulder shrugging on the stick video. It's a major drawback of this breathing system, one I'm still struggling to come to terms with.

Tomorrow's appointment will be to check progress on my pressure sores. My assistants think they're improving, so we'll see what the doctors say. Hopefully by next week I can report an improvement in that area.

1 comment: