Monday, March 31, 2014

Winting

It's the time of year in Iowa that you're not sure if it's still winter or if spring is actually here. According to my thermometers, it got up to 75 degrees today. I went out to a doctor's appointment in my summer attire of t-shirt and shorts. It was a great change to what we've been experiencing.

Barefoot quad surrounded by snow
Early this evening, the sun was almost completely out, but it was also raining heavily with hail. Tonight, it's forecast to get down to 28 degrees with possible ice and snow. You kind of have to just prepare for almost any weather possibility in Iowa. A few weeks ago, we had snow covered yards, but warm air temps that felt like a nice spring day.

Today's appointment was an unplanned one. I started a new treatment on the newest wound a couple weeks ago. Unfortunately, it's growing larger at a rapid pace no matter what I do. Friday night and Saturday morning, my right hip and thigh had a large, hot, red splotchy area. This is one of the medication's side effects, but I also had a high temp, sore throat, and a lot of congestion.

We figured part of the congestion was due to flowers in my room that came from grandpa's funeral. Unfortunately, evicting them from my room only helped briefly. So today, after my wound doctor agreed, I visited my GP. With one look, he diagnosed me with severe strep throat. Now I'm on 24-hour house quarantine until I'm no longer contagious. That means I'll be missing my monthly church council meeting, but colder temps as well.

I'm thankful that I don't get ill very often, but it's unfortunate when the rare times cause me to miss something I'm active in. Fortunately, I didn't have a school talk tomorrow, the next one isn't until Friday. Hopefully by next week I'll be able to report an update on the insurance situation. Until then, have a great start to April.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice picture! It doesn't snow where I live 😕... It would be nice to see the snow in real and not only in pictures...

    ReplyDelete