Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Playing Catch-Up

I have always heard people say they need a vacation after a vacation. I can especially understand that when the occasion is spent keeping busy at volunteer work. For me, I wouldn't have time for another trip. It feels like I have been busy and trying to get caught up since returning over a week ago.

With web work being slow this year, I didn't have a lot waiting for me when I returned. There were over 500 messages in my inbox, but several were from Facebook and did not acquire my attention. They were all cleaned out within two days and backed up work completed on late Monday. The main culprit has been medical needs.

At camp I was able to tilt a lot of the time and not give pressure directly on my skin sores. Two of the areas had very little if any change, but the third did worsen a little. Therefore, instead of sitting in bed for two hours and then laying flat for two, I'm doing 90 minutes up and three hours down. This has already helped, but it makes it difficult to accomplish much.

Since returning, I have also had regular appointments, trips to Des Moines, getting a new vent (maybe a later post), and had more work come due to a new month. I had originally planned on doing this post a few days ago, but finally was able to take time for it.

Monday my family and I celebrated Independence Day with some friends at their house. It was good to get out again and enjoy fresh air while watching fireworks. The display was good, but I kept getting distracted by the surrounding stars. I'm not in my chair and outside very often when the stars are out, so it was fun seeing God's creation displayed while celebrating our independence to serve Him.

This afternoon had a break from the busyness of summer, but I don't expect it to last. A busy quad life is a good challenge to have, but so is taking time to stop and gauze up for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment