Sunday, February 28, 2021

Video Week

A few years ago, I started making videos about how I do every day activities as a quadriplegic. My goal was to have more material to use for when I speak at schools and help mentor others with high-level spinal cord injuries. I haven't done anything for promoting the channel, but some people have found it and have become familiar names in the comments.

The majority of the content is about the life I've been given, but I also do some Bible commentary and talk about being a Christian. My latest video was a brief talk about the life of Joseph and how God used him through wicked actions of others. After the video went live, two viewers asked me to do more Bible content. I enjoy teaching God's Word, and gladly accepted the request.

Over the weekend, I thought about what to do, how to present information, and when. It almost ignited a fire in me and I planned to release a video a day, for five days. Early this year, I encouraged viewers to start an annual reading plan at biblegateway.com and read through Scripture. The plan I'm doing will be in early Deuteronomy the first week of March. Therefore, I would start in Genesis and stop with the current reading progress.

This last week, I recorded all five videos in three recording sessions. I touched briefly on major points and tried to keep each recording around 15-20 minutes. I wanted to cover much more and could have spent a few hours in several areas, but disciplined myself not to. As I finished recording, I did editing with removing pauses, adding verse references, and stock photos to help keep anyone awake. In order to get my self-imposed deadline of March 1 met, I did a lot of work while flat. My mouth wasn't happy with me, but I know have everything uploaded (taking about 15 hours to so) and scheduled except Friday.

Tomorrow's video will cover Genesis 1-3, and I'm wondering if my channel will still exist afterword. One Christian YouTube channel I watch was removed from YouTube and several others have made it clear they could be next. I wouldn't like everything I've done to disappear, but I have more desire to follow Christ's command to spread the gospel.

I do know I won't do this ambitious of a series again. I neglected other projects, like my book, and likely did more than I should while flat. I will see what happens the next five days and pray God will use the words He gave me.

2 comments:

  1. Joel, You could do your Bible videos on a different channel if you are concerned about YouTube removing all that you have done already and losing your current channel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are already scheduled on YouTube, but I am looking at other platforms. Thanks.

      Delete