Sunday, January 2, 2022

Looking Back at the Year Past

Just a week ago I was posting about Christmas and now the new year has already started. These are times good for reflection as well as looking forward to what may come.

In 2021, I had my record number of times preaching. I remember early in the year that I was wondering how much I could do with lock downs uncertain. I'm thankful that I had the opportunity and I pray that I will be able to preach more this year as well. However, I may be a little more selective depending on my responsibilities for the service and how many I do in a row.

The second record for the year is one that pretty well only I would care about, but it is still noteworthy. Thanks to the COVID lock downs from 2020 spilling over to the next year, I didn't get out to church in person or hardly out at all in the winter. Combined with a warmer spring, 2021 was the first full calendar year I went completely barefoot.

When cold weather comes, I dread having to put on footwear and endure the increased muscle spasms and frequently getting stuck, unable to move, while my neck is stiff and I can't move. If I can continue to only go out on warmish days, I'll reach two years of being free from footwear in late February. I definitely still have spasms and stiffness when barefoot, but anything I can do to decrease them without more medication is a good thing.

An unfortunate record was the most open nursing shifts that I can remember. Except for one day, it has now been two full months since Sara has been able to work. My other day caregiver took a few extra shifts, but three days a week have mainly just been my parents. Sara has an appointment late this week and I pray she is able to return on at least a limited basis.

This year has started off with a sudden switch to snow and bitter cold with today's church service cancelled two days ago. New Year's Eve had no night nurse, but thankfully she was able to cover last night.

I don't know what God has in store for the quad life this year, but I know it will be according to His plan. I hope to continue to post here every week and keep track of what has been happening. Have a great first week of 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment