Sunday, January 9, 2022

Not what was hoped

For over a month, my parents and I have been anxiously waiting for January 6 to come. It was when Sara had her doctor's appointment and could hopefully get released to come back to work. Unfortunately, she didn't get the news everyone wanted.

In order to be cautious, Sara's doctor wants to wait longer. She has a few weeks of therapy and then another test scheduled for sometime in April. If it is that long until Sara can return, that will mean six months without having regular coverage.

So far, it has been over two months since I last had a week of day shifts covered. The three of us are getting through, but it is getting more difficult as time increases. I realize this has been a common theme in several posts and it may be a little annoying, but it's the primary thing going on right now.

Normally, I would be starting to contact schools to get scheduled to come in spring. However, without knowing caregiver status, I don't think I can contact many. Also, my parents have trips that they want to start planning, but can't for the same reason.

Sara is hoping to contact her doctor again after therapy and see about returning earlier. With colleges back after Christmas break, I also contacted a couple local schools with nursing programs. I at least received responses from the department chairs I messaged, which is better than when I ask about coming to speak. I don't know if any students will be interested, or could actually help during the day, but I pray someone will be available.

I have also started thinking a lot about looking at nursing homes. It would hopefully only be temporary, but I could see potential of losing at least one of my night nurses if it was more than a month. In that case, it may become a permanent move.

Whatever comes, I keep reminding myself God is in control. My family has been very blessed to have so much help that has allowed us to be very active. We are now in a season where God is allowing us to trust Him and what He will provide. 

With well over three decades of the quad life, I have had times that appeared to be dire and ended up very good. If nothing else, whatever happens in this life is like a blink of an eye compared to eternity. I will see what another week brings and continue to pray for further assistance and for Sara's health to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment