Sunday, September 25, 2022

30 in 30

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a new goal for September, getting a video out every day on my YouTube channel. Yesterday, I finished editing and uploading the 30th and final video for the month. If I assume they all get released as scheduled, I will have made my goal.

Getting them made was somewhat fun, but a challenge as well. I like educating about the life I have been given and trying to help others. However, I didn't like the constant feeling of being pushed to get more content out.

At night, I had ideas for script running through my head while also trying to plan time to record. I did about half the videos while in bed. I prefer recording while in my chair, but I knew that it wouldn't be possible to finish everything. Therefore, I tried to prepare messages that included a lot of data for bed recording. It was easier to show statistics and other information on screen while talking about it and not needing to remember it and then add screen shots in editing.

I have watched some YouTube channels that regularly release daily videos, but I don't envy them. Constantly planning and editing is probably a routine you can get used to, but not something I want to do. For me, it would quickly get boring as most days are nearly the same. The channels I watch that do frequent videos are usually families with several kids. Children are usually active in various items and therefore more interest for videos.

While it was a fun experiment, I do not want to continue with the routine. Also this month, I had a doctor's appointment that found I have an infection around my trach. I started an antibiotic about a week ago, but I have to take extra precaution in order to keep my gut working correctly.

The quad life is one I know well and I'm thankful God has given me the ability to do this. I hope to do more videos soon, but only after a few week's break.

No comments:

Post a Comment