Sunday, September 4, 2022

Self-Imposed Labor

We have reached September and Labor Day weekend in the U.S. Throughout August, I was looking forward to having a calm month ahead. However, my head wouldn't shut off one night and now I have another full month, even though my calendar is quite sparse.

September is National Spinal Cord Injury awareness month. In 2019, following the example of a friend, I posted something SCI related on Facebook every day of the month. With 30 items, I covered a lot of the aspects of living the quad life and I received several compliments on the project. At some hour of the night around August 20, I got the idea to do the same this year on my YouTube channel.

The next day, I found the list of items I covered in 2019 and adjusted a few to better fit video format. This was all great, but I now committed myself to recording, editing, and uploading 30 videos. I have been struggling to get two out per week the past few months and this would be a lot more work.

Unlike Facebook, I can at least make videos ahead of time and schedule them to be released on certain days and times with YouTube. If I was going to make it happen, I determined I needed to have at least one week's worth of videos finished before September 1. By August 30, I had completed and uploaded eight videos. They weren't all sequential, but I had the first few days covered at least.

Now, I am trying to make at least one video per day and have done two a few times. As of this writing, I have now uploaded 12 videos and hope to get another one finished before this blog goes live. I enjoy helping people learn and it has been fun getting to teach about the life I've been given. The few videos that have gone out to the public have already received good comments and more views than I normally get.

Hopefully, I can finish this project without getting overwhelmed. Maybe by the time the middle of the month arrives I will be able to slow down. However, I wouldn't count on it knowing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment