Saturday, April 13, 2024

Hair Care Trouble

Every morning, part of my routine is washing my hair. I've heard it should only be done a few times a week, but my greasy hair needs it more often. No matter how frequently I wash, I use a plastic hair basin that lays under my head while I lay flat in bed. Unfortunately, it breaks down after years of use and needs replaced.

My current basin was falling apart and mainly held together by tape. When I went to order a new one, I quickly realized what I had used for decades was no longer in common use. Trying to find the same hardware was a hard search, but I finally found a few retailers that had it available. The first place I used had a great price, but something didn't seem right.

A week later, I hadn't heard anything about my order and started investigating. After emails went without reply, I called the number on the retailer's website and was connected to an individual. She let me know it was a fraudulent company and to cancel any payment. That was done, but I still didn't have a new hair basin.

Therefore, I tried another company that advertised the basin. I did receive an order, but it wasn't the correct item. Investigation showed their supplier had changed products and could no longer get what I wanted. The company nicely refunded my money, but I still didn't have a basin.

Finally, I found a third retailer that advertised the correct basin, but was also the most expensive. Before ordering, I called the provider to check if the item pictured was the correct product. The representative confirmed it was correct, so I ordered. Several days later, I received a box at my door and finally got what I wanted.

Washing hair is something most people don't give much thought. However, living the quad life makes everything more interesting. Hopefully it will be a long time before I need another basin, I'm doubtful what I like will still be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment