Sunday, April 7, 2024

Recorded Interview

It has again been a busy week in the quad life with some days making me wonder how to get everything accomplished. One activity this week was not among the ordinary, but is becoming more familiar.

I don't listen to the radio very much. However, some mornings, and when driving to the city, I listen to a Christian radio station in Des Moines, Life 107.1. I don't care for some of the modern Christian music, but I do get a laugh out of two morning show DJ's, Taylor and Jen. They often promote their Saturday morning podcast that features a variety of people that can help listeners in Christian living. I contacted Jen early this year to see if they would be interested in my story and gave her a book. After a lot of schedule planning, I interviewed with them Tuesday afternoon.

Driving to Des Moines, my caregiver and I went through rain that changed to snow, then, ice, slush, and back to rain again. The rapid change in conditions made me wonder if this was what it was like 39 years ago during our accident if I really should be going. Thankfully, we arrived safely at an office building in West Des Moines and found the station's suite.

Interviewing with two people I've never met, and only heard, felt like going into the unknown. I prayed that the time would be glorifying to God and how He has worked in my life. I read a few sections of what I wrote, but made sure to emphasize the blessings I have received.

Unlike my previous radio appearance, this one didn't go out live. It will be edited into a podcast that should release late this month. One request I made was that I could present the gospel and have it in the final product. I'm not sure if I'll get to preview it, but I hope they do keep it in. The station's motto is "always uplifting" and discussing sin and deserving punishment goes against the theme.

This week looks to be a little calmer with fewer excursions. That doesn't mean the busyness is less, but I'm thankful I am able to be used in various roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment