Monday, February 17, 2014

Time

Since the very first day of creation, time has been steadily progressing. Every turn of the earth marks a new day. The days quickly add to weeks, months, and years. For a young child, a few minutes can be an eternity, but when those minutes have added to a few decades, it's a span that passes too quickly.

When my time was nearly three years and three months, the way I would spend the rest of my given time changed. In a few days, it will have been 29 years since I started the quad life. There was a time when I thought this was an unimaginable span, but it has now come.

From the first few minutes to the present, God has been watching over the time I've been given. He started by providing someone to breathe for me when I could not. In the expanse since then, I have been given over 228 million breathes by mechanical ventilation.

As the years accumulated I went through Christian grade school and high school, then on into college. During this period, I was given a time of three years to live outside my parents' home. Since then, I have been able to accumulate enough time to say I have worked for myself for a full decade. The children I now get to work with at schools were not born when I was given the chance to start speaking.

What time I have left is not known to me. I have been given more years than others I knew, but not as many as some. How the remaining time will be spent will be seen as it comes. When the minutes have reached the sum of another week, I will again see what has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment