Saturday, June 7, 2014

Help from Friends

No, this isn't my regular blog day, but I wanted to give an update on this week's insurance progress. Through guidance from a friend at the Christopher Reeve Foundation, we sent another letter to Senator Harkin late Tuesday. By Wednesday morning, his staff called that they needed some information from me and would be talking with insurance that day.

Friday morning, I was told that an outside doctor would be reviewing my case to evaluate my needs. During the appeal process, my coverage would again be extended. It isn't certain, but the extension could be as long as another month.

Close to the end of the day Friday, I received a call from insurance confirming what I had been told. They also wanted the name of the doctor I wanted the reviewer to work with. That was an easy choice, so the information was given and they will schedule an interview time, likely next week.

I'm thankful that we again have another extension with insurance. However, now it will be up to this next round of evaluation to see what happens. God has surrounded me with friends and family all my life that I can't begin to thank enough. Through all this process, they have shown to be even more valuable. I just hope I can return the favor some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment