Monday, October 3, 2016

Politics in 2016

It's that time once again where we vote for the next commander of the country. Four years ago I thought we had bad options, but I didn't imagine it would get worse.

I've read several commentaries that the nation is in a very poor state to even have Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as our main two choices for the office. I've always said I vote for the least of the evils, but it's getting to be a harder decision on which is the least.

One option would completely throw out the bit of remaining Christian influence remaining in this country. Having abortion allowed at any point of pregnancy, and continuing to expand the LGBTQ agenda.

The other option is a man who regularly changes his mind and has had several bankruptcies in his past. He also wants to end the Affordable Care Act, which I somewhat agree with, but doesn't say what to replace it with. Taking over a country that is already very far in debt and needs extreme help isn't an easy task.

If you state you are for one side or the other, be prepared to get cursed at from the other side. I've seen it on social media and local news has had several instances of political signs being taken out of yards, shredded, and destroyed. Not only are we a country choosing questionable leaders, we can't act civil to each other.

Last week, I read a piece by Dr. Daniel Howell that I can say aligns with my thoughts pretty well. Neither choice is easy, but which one would be the worst?

No matter what happens next month, I'm consoled by remembering God is in control at all times. Israel and Judah had many bad leaders before destroyed, so I'm hoping we have a few to go yet. The quad life will continue as God planned, whatever the country around me dissolves into.

No comments:

Post a Comment