Monday, January 30, 2017

Funding Fun

I never know what to expect in a week's time. Work has been slow, but Wednesday I learned some unexpected news.

Back in October, my Medicaid said they didn't get paperwork showing my income and I would be taken off the program. Unfortunately, I hadn't received a request for the documentation so I worked with my case manager and got it all straightened out. A couple weeks later I finally received the letter to request my originally paperwork. After checking again with my manager, everything was good to go for another year. At least that's what we thought.

On Wednesday, I received a call that my Medicaid had actually been terminated in November, but nobody bothered to tell us. So now, I've sent out more documentation again to get back on what I never knew was off. I find it somewhat funny that politicians constantly talk about green technology, but it takes piles of printed paper to stay on government programs.

Thankfully, everything has stayed the same so far for nursing and covering medical expenses. I know that God has a plan for everything and knows the funding I need, so I will see what He has in store. My private insurance through my dad's employer will also be changing in April.

In 2014 insurance changed and caused a lot of headaches in trying to keep my medical needs covered. With the political environment continuing to adjust healthcare, I'm afraid funding changes will become a reoccurring theme every few years. I know that I have been extremely blessed during my life to have the resources I rely upon for daily needs. I'm thankful for all these years I have been allowed to live at home and have so much nursing coverage.

Hopefully it will continue, but I'll see what's in store for this quad life. Another week may have everything back to normal again, but until then I'll continue to be thankful for what I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment