Sunday, January 8, 2017

Life Lessons

I read a blog entry last week called 7 Life Lessons from a Guy Who Can't Move Anything but His Face. It was written by Jon Morrow, a writer with muscular dystrophy that has done very well through his writing.

According to the article, Jon moved to Mexico and was able to cover his own care and now has made millions through his writing. I don't agree with some of his language choices, but I'm glad that everything has worked well for him. From the picture and writing, it doesn't look like he uses a vent to breathe, so that does ease care needs a little.

Writing is something I enjoy, but I need to be in the right frame of mind to produce anything that's halfway decent. If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, I'm sure you can tell the difference from one week to the next. Earning some income from my writing would be great, but I don't see it happening, at least at this point.

At one time, I had hoped to be able to do enough web development to become independent, but that wasn't in God's plans. The last year especially has been extremely slow with web work and I averaged less than eight hours of work per month in 2016. As I've said on here before, I've learned to be content with what I have.

It isn't easy by any means, and I'm not always successful in being happy with what I have, but it's a major life lesson I've learned. It would be great to be independent of my dad's insurance and Medicaid and able to cover my own needs, but they are covered. A time may come that major changes will happen because of my funding, but I've been given a great 35 years so far and don't expect it to end.

You don't need to risk everything and move to Mexico to learn life lessons. Pay attention to the life God has placed you in now and take time to listen to His teaching. It may lead to a life of financial independence, but we'll always be totally dependent on Him for forgiveness of sin and the life to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment