Sunday, August 6, 2017

Alien Invasion

On every July 4, I watch the movie Independence Day during my flat time. It's an older movie, but the world is saved from alien invasion and wins independence. I enjoy some science fiction for entertainment, but I think a few people have been watching too much.

In late July, astrophysicist Stephen Hawking said aliens would kill us if we tried to contact them and we should stop trying. Just this week, NASA announced a new position they want to fill for an Earth defense from aliens. The job pays $124,000-$186,000 per year.

I wish I could say I was making this up, but truth is often stranger than fiction. People that are supposed to have the top minds in science are actually believing aliens exist, of which there's no evidence, and are trying to protect us from them. However, they say that believing God created the universe in six ordinary days a few thousand years ago is preposterous.

Ever since I heard these news items, Romans 1:25 has been going through my mind, "They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator..." Those that reject God will believe absolutely anything, as long as it does not involve the supernatural. This is what is being taught in schools as well as movies and TV shows.

It's very tempting to wonder why we search for intelligent life in outer space when we can't find it here. The correct thought though is sadness and prayer that they will find the truth while time allows.

This week, I'm scheduled to volunteer a few days at the Iowa State Fair at the Ark Encounter booth. I don't expect to hear much about impending invasion, but I'm praying to get to talk with a number of people. Living the quad life can be a challenge, but I can still work with those that need to hear the good news of salvation. Maybe I should apply for the opening and teach the true defender of all life on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment