Sunday, October 30, 2022

Watch the Squirts

I posted recently about using natural alternatives to pharmaceuticals as much as possible. However, now it feels like I'm the target of a sprinkler after this week's doctor's appointments.

First on Tuesday, I visited with my dermatologist to check on my skin sores. He was very happy to see the progress and decreased the amount of meds I need to use for treatment. I pray that my next visit this spring will see as much progress again. Following the skin check and checking out Ben's Burgers for lunch, it was time to work on my neck.

As I rolled back to the exam room, I wasn't sure what to expect. Soon, the doctor arrived and discussed the plans we already knew. With removal of my button's closure plug, I had to mouth any words to my caregiver to interpret. After a quick scope of my throat, he carefully popped out the button that has been with me for seven years. Thankfully, the anticipated painful extraction was very minimal discomfort.

Now, I sat quietly as the doctor investigated the opening in my neck to decide what to insert. Thankfully, he went with my spare button first. Unfortunately, the new device didn't fit quite right and was promptly removed to adjust spacers. Just like the previous extraction though, it wasn't very painful and the second insertion was satisfactory. Finally, with everything in place, I could speak once again. My neck was sore, but I was glad to be finished.

For follow-up, I now have to do drops of a steroid medicine around it as well as inside for a few days. Therefore, at bed time, I now do liquid medicine around my neck, in my button/lungs, and another one in my nose. It feels odd to use so much stuff for bed and morning, but it's the current part of the quad life.

It has been a few days since the button change and medicine started and I'm thankful to see excellent progress. The drainage problems have basically stopped and redness decreased drastically. Hopefully this has solved the issue and everything will go well for a long time to come. With everything going on, my friend John and his sons also visited. However, that will be the subject of an upcoming post!

No comments:

Post a Comment