Sunday, March 26, 2023

Talkative Week

My first week out of hibernation is complete, and it was a busy start. Sunday was preaching, and every day except Monday and Wednesday had something scheduled.

Tuesday was a doctor's appointment to see how my pressure sores are doing. I have heard good reports from my caregivers, and the doctor agreed that it's going in the right direction. Instead of seeing him twice this summer, I don't need to return until September. It was good to hear his confirmation of what I have heard and one less appointment this year.

Friday was my first school visit, but not the regular disability awareness talk. I was asked last summer to speak at a school's chapel service, and scheduled it for March. Christian schools generally start one, or more, days a week with a special time of learning from God's Word. An outside speaker may came in, or it could be covered by an instructor or a class. I don't get asked to give chapel presentations very often and was thankful for the opportunity.

The challenge with this school was that all grades are present, from Pre-K through eighth grade. Therefore, I had an age range of around 5-14 to keep interested and try to teach. I have spoken at this school before, but it is still an interesting.

I taught on knowledge and wisdom from a few verses. For part of it, I demonstrated "running" fast and coming to a quick stop. Knowing the rule not to run in the house is knowledge, wisdom comes when breaking the rule, getting hurt, and understanding why it exists. However, without the solid foundation of the Bible from God who cannot lie, we can't truly know anything.

Both Sunday and Friday's messages seemed to go well. I didn't fall asleep at my own message and students seemed to learn. This week, I'm scheduled to be at another grade school and give my regular presentation on the quad life. I always look forward to getting to work with kids again and thankful for the opportunity. Now if the weather would improve for spring, it would be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment