Sunday, March 12, 2023

Tired, but Productive Week

When I graduated from my first round of college in 2003, my night schedule changed. If a nurse is unable to come, I stay up with mom so she can stay awake more easily. This has been the case for two decades now, and it's starting to become harder.

Last week, I said my main night nurse will be gone for a few weeks and my day-time caregiver, Sara, was out one day for illness. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to return this week which meant only two days and three nights were covered. I've had several times this week I have not had energy to do much and start dozing off when I'm watching something I do want to see.

Thankfully, I was able to finish one website project I have been working on and I'm waiting back to hear from the site owners before starting three more. Therefore, my week was fairly free from more detailed items that could impact other businesses. I did get more editing done on my book and worked a few days until my mouth hurt, and then did some more.

With this week's progress, I'm over 2/3 complete with editing. It has been encouraging to see occasional remarks from the publisher of areas she liked or was happy to read. In one section, around 2009, I wrote about having night shifts not covered and my parents having trouble coping with the sleep deprivation.

Yes, it is a reoccurring theme that doesn't stop and gets old. I realized that I am now only a few years off from my parent's age at that time. It has me curious if the body goes through certain transitions at different ages or if any correlation exists. Whatever the reason for extra tiredness with this round of care shortage, it makes me especially thankful for all the care that I have been blessed with.

This week, I need to finish final preparations for preaching and speaking at a school chapel. Dad also saw a model train show is scheduled to be in Des Moines on Saturday. It sounds like a fun excursion, but will depend on how much energy we have and if I'm ready for Sunday. I will see what God has in store for another week of the quad life.

No comments:

Post a Comment