Sunday, March 5, 2023

Be Careful on Plans

In two weeks, I'm scheduled to preach at my first church for the year and officially start a busy spring. The message I plan to give, and still need to finish, is on James 4:13-15 and to remember that life is short and to spend time doing God's will. I have received a reminder of that in the past few days.

Thursday morning was a regular day with biking in the morning before having lunch. It was a short day for my caregiver, Sara, and we planned to do biking and record a video on Friday. Just as we were working toward lunch, a phone call changed plans. My main night nurse had an unexpected death in the family and wouldn't be coming that night, or the next two weeks.

Sara's afternoon was extended by an hour as she did extra cares that would not get done at night. Early Friday morning, dad received a call that Sara was ill and would not be coming. Therefore, that canceled my activities for the day and I accompanied my parents on household errands and touring eastern Iowa.

My nursing agency was able to cover some nights for the next few weeks, but not all. Therefore, my parents have been adjusting work schedules to allow for nearly sleepless nights and later mornings. We are also praying Sara is able to return next week as normal.

While writing this, my mind is swirling with work on upcoming talks, more web updates than usual, and attempting to continue video updates while more consistently fighting sleep during the day. During all this, my trach also broke Thursday night while dad was getting me to bed and we had to go over emergency trach change procedures. 

Living the quad life indeed has unexpected times and trials from various sources. I'm thankful for everyone God has put around me and that I am able to be active in a variety of ways. The next two weeks, or really two months, will be a time of careful schedule management and working as God allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment