Sunday, September 10, 2023

Completed Book Project

Over the years, I've had many different projects. In school, I always had assignments that increased in complexity as the years progressed. After college and starting work, I had new projects of web development that continue through today. I also have continuous work of sermon preparation (such as today) and life needs. However, one that has taken a lifetime of research is now complete.

I don't exactly remember when I started my autobiography, but I believe it was around 2018. Since then, I have been writing as I had time and jogging my memory through pictures, interviews, journals, and just thinking back. Some memories have been pleasant to recall, but others were very hard and I struggled to even write them. However, I thought my times of extreme struggle and wondering why I was still around may help others.

Since January, I have been working with an editor to make text changes as well as various suggestions to keep interest. As it progressed, we worked on cover design, wording for different aspects, and interior design. Each step also required approval along with adjustments of pictures and other points.

After nearly five year's of work, it is finally finished. This past Friday, it went available on Amazon for purchase. The paperback version came first, followed by electronic, and hard cover will be coming soon. I like that I can make small text edits any time I want and they can be uploaded to correct future purchases.

Part of me is excited to be finished, but I'm also unsure. I keep questioning if it was worth the effort or if only a few family and friends will find it interesting. Time will tell how it will go and promotion is completely up to me. After all versions are available, I may promote it further, but not sure.

My new question is; now what? I don't want to waste free time on superfluous activities like games or YouTube. I have had another writing project in mind, but not sure if I want to start it immediately. I'm thankful for the quad life God has given me and that I will continue to live remembering to trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment