Sunday, November 26, 2023

Dreaming, then Thinking

It has been a slow week in the quad life. With the holiday week, not much for web development was needed and I don't have a lot of other projects going on. Dad was also not feeling well for several days and we therefore just stayed home by ourselves on Thanksgiving. When I have slow days, or not even, my mind wonders and I start to dream.

For at least a year, I have been listening to a weekly podcast called Transformed, with Dr. Greg Gifford. He is a Biblical psychologist with the Master's University and covers various topics each week. I have learned a few things from this resource and it has also jogged my mind.

I have had some people ask me for help when dealing with anxiety or other issues. I like helping people and pointing to God's Word for assurance. I've also heard my book has helped some readers see life in a new way. Therefore, what would it take become an actual counselor and be able to use the experiences God has given me? It's still unopened, but I already have a book on my shelf about counseling from a Biblical perspective.

This week, I browsed through the website for the Master's University and looked at the requirements for their counseling degree. It is available completely online and covers several areas I would enjoy learning about. I nearly clicked the button to receive more information, but then I actually started thinking.

My latest college courses were over 15 years ago and likely no longer applicable to transfer credits. Taking classes part-time would likely require six or more years to complete the course. I will be celebrating another birthday soon, and I would be nearing 50 by the time I finished. At that point, even if I was still living at home, I would likely not be able to make much use of my new skills.

Therefore, like many things, it will remain a dream of something I may have enjoyed doing, but wasn't in God's plans. No matter the case, it's still somewhat fun to dream and look at using the time I've been given for God's glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment