Sunday, February 25, 2024

Dinosaur Mania

Around 2008, I started following creation apologetics. It opened my understanding of the Bible and God's design in the world. Since then, I have studied through online classes, multiple books, videos, and conferences. With this knowledge, I have taught a Sunday school class, preached sermons on creation, and helped teach others about God's world.

Last week, a friend notified me about a four-day conference going on at a local church. Looking at the schedule she sent and a recap of Sunday's message, it was a creation conference. Unfortunately, much of the church in America, and the Western world, have abandoned the truth of Genesis and embraced atheistic evolution. I was thankful to hear the conference was going on and local schools and churches were attending, but I wasn't planning to go. I figured I heard most of the material already and it was a ministry I hadn't heard about. However, Dad and I went to the final session on Wednesday evening that talked about dinosaurs and the Bible.

Arriving a few minutes before the session started, we looked at the church platform filled with replica dinosaur fossils. I haven't seen such a portable display before and was impressed with the number of artifacts. Dad and I found a place to sit in the third row from the front as the worship center quickly filled.

The speaker went on for about 90 minutes and, as I expected, much of what he said was very familiar. However, it's good to hear from multiple sources and some points were new to me. I knew about soft tissue, and red blood cells, being discovered in a T-Rex bone. However, I wasn't aware that a creation scientist wanted to do carbon dating on it and pay for the expenses. This would show the age of the bone and, most likely, that it's much younger than 66 million years. However, the offer did not go well with the bone's owner and very little of the originally live radio conversation could be played with children present.

Overall, it was fun to attend and let Dad hear some of the teaching he hadn't before. Unfortunately, a family with young children sat in front of us and their kids were allowed to run all over the building, including around the speaker. It was rather distracting, but hopefully they will learn from some of the children's resources.

This week, I plan to enjoy mainly at home. With the arrival of March, calm days are coming to an end very soon.

2 comments:

  1. Which one do you like more: 🦕 or 🦖? (they are dinosaur emojis, not sure if they display on your screen).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I have a preference, they all look like grand parts of creation.

      Delete